Isolation Man 10th Anniversary Screening


Yesterday was the 10th anniversary screening of Isolation Man at the Creepatorium. This was my first time at this location and I hadn't seen the film before. I got there early because I wanted to check out both the horror gift shop and horror themed coffee shop that was attached. 
I went to the gift shop first. It was ok. Their offerings focused more on the slasher side and I only found 1 Creature related product in the whole store. Wish they would have had more monster related goods. Then when I went over to the coffee shop the guy said they were closed. All of these businesses are owned by the same people, and they should have known to keep it open since they had an event going on that night. So instead of spending my money there I went to a nearby bar to kill time before the event started. 
Before the main film started there was another short project of Daniel Crosier's, Camp Crash, playing on a loop. 

For the movie I knew that it was supposed to be a mockumentary about a super hero that ends up making everyone in the Western hemisphere disappear. A team is sent over to see where everyone went and they find that the fault is all on one man. The movie is based off of a comic book.
For the film itself, the audience was laughing in many places. This is why I like watching films with other people, so I can see their reactions. The film didn't match my sense of humor, but others did seem to find many parts funny. The cast looked like they had fun filming it though. The narrator/host of the documentary was supposed to be a play off a BBC style host, but it was interesting to see how he started off serious (if not over the top) and then had a change to the outrageous by the end while still trying to match the British stoic sense. The star of the film, Daniel Crosier,  did a very good job making you wonder how a character that was so pathetic could survive with no human help sense all infrastructure was gone and even basic tasks seemed hard for him to manage. There was also an interesting take on his psychology. Not only him on him trying to survive with human interaction before the film crew showed up, but the mental state he had that led to him making everyone vanish.

After the film there was a Q&A with some of the cast and crew of the film. I did record some of it and you can watch the videos below.



Before this event I did a sit down interview with Daniel Crosier. The video is below.

The event was held at the Creepatorium.
It is an ok venue for events like this. The parking is a bit limited since it shares it with other businesses including the bar. The main problem I think most people would have is the bathroom. There is only one for both men and women, 2 stalls with a shared sink. The problem is that the stalls have large gaps where people could see in if they wanted too. I was glad that I got there early and used it before too many others had to as well. If this is the primary bathroom set up they want to use they need to block all gaps and make the doors go nearly to the floor. Keep this in mind if you ever go there for an event. There was some interesting props around the venue like the horse below.

Top image from: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5992534/

Comments