July Smaller Geeky Events (2024)

13th: Colorado Collectors Forum Card Show 

This past weekend was the first Colorado Collectors Forum Card Show (July 13th). The show is free to get into unless you want to pay $10 to get in 1 hour early, but paying that wasn't really worth it. I got there around 9:30am and many of the vendors/dealers were still trying to set up. I would recommend that everyone just wait until 10am unless you are super intent on getting a specific item and you know that one of the vendors have it. They also had a $15 VIP bag you could buy ahead of time and of the bags sold there was 5 tickets in them to get a bigger prize.

This is the same hotel that has most recently hosted Colorado Festival of Horror. They had the dealers in the halls and in two of the rooms. Like most shows of this type a lot of the goods were overpriced, but there were some good deals to be found. For example, I had been eyeing a Pokémon plush that had come from the Pokémon Center, but the dealer wanted $40 for it which was too high. Then outside in one of the hallways another dealer was selling a two pack of the special Pokémon regional plushies, also from the Pokémon Center, for $12 (yes they were real, I checked the marks before I bought them). This shows how some of the dealers will super inflate their prices. Always walk around first to see what prices people are charging. I saw the exact same pack of cards be 3 for $10 at one table to $20 at a different table. All C's had a table there and they are normally a good place to check out. Nothing they had this time really stood out to me personally, but they had a good variety of things.

I was able to find a few good things. Mommy Geek couldn't walk around so I found so items to surprise her with. Check out the video below to see what I picked up. 



Comments