Marvel Blood Hunt vol. 1

The thing that stood out to me was that key parts of the sampler were not included in this first volume even though the events in the sampler were supposed to be the same major events. You can check out the review of the Free Comic Book Day sampler that I did last month if you want more details on it. The main draw for me from the sampler was Dracula asking Blade's daughter to help him save the world and that was missing from this volume. I felt like it was super short and would have benefitted from including the sampler directing into this comic as well.

The over all plot is that there is a massive vampire uprising happening. The leader is not only a main Marvel character turned traitor, but they figured out a way to black out the sky so that the vampires don't have to worry about the sun. There is also a Trojan horse scene where the Avengers strong hold is invaded. There are a few quick turns, but everything just feels too short.

The art in this series seems really inconsistent in the quality. In some panels it seems really crisp and complete and then in others it is really rough and feels rushed. I think that it could have used some more polishing before publication. 

I will be getting more of this series because I want to see where they take the story. I would give it 4 stars out of five or a B due to the artwork needing some work and the volume being just too short.


Comments